Medical Alert Installer
Self-Direct, Inc. provides high quality care to individuals in NYS who are at risk of nursing home placement, or who need extra care at home or in the community. Our goal is to help clients maintain their independence and live a safe and healthy lifestyle. Self-Direct provides a variety of services such as in-home personal care, a social adult day program, medical alert services, and more.
MEDICAL ALERT INSTALLER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
· Performing new installations, service calls, and pick-ups.
· Collecting and sending back to the office various documents after completed installations or service calls. Explaining to clients how the equipment works and testing the equipment with them
· Servicing, replacing or retrieving medical alarms from existing clients
· Staying within all HIPPA guidelines when handling or communicating customer information.
· Assistance with cleaning equipment after being picked up or shipped to the office
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; stoop or crouch. The employees must regularly lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Highly motivated, organized, and able to work independently
· Patience and a professional demeanor when interacting with clients
· Punctual and reliable
· Good oral and written communication skills
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION:
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.