Human Resources Assistant
Self-Direct, Inc. provides high quality care to individuals in NYS who are at risk of nursing home placement, or who need extra care at home or in the community. Our goal is to help clients maintain their independence and live a safe and healthy lifestyle. Self-Direct provides a variety of services such as in-home personal care, a social adult day program, medical alert services, and more.
If you are passionate about making a difference in someone’s life, and want to work for a company that appreciates and recognizes their employee’s success, we encourage you to apply today!
- Concentration in recruitment, as we as perform personnel/clerical tasks in areas of employee records, employee benefits, education/training, recruitment, and equal employment opportunity.
- Maintain both manual and automated personnel records, collects and compiles sensitive and confidential personnel statistics and prepares reports.
- Provide information to all levels of employees regarding personnel policies and procedures.
- Follow company policies and practices.
- Create and support an environment of “teamwork” by helping a fellow employee or guest.
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters.
- Prepare and set up for new employee orientations.
- Prepare badges and perform other security-related duties.
- Assist HR Generalist and Director of HR Department in daily tasks and operations.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s diploma preferred
- One (1) year of HR experience required
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and various Social Media outlets.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, critical thinking, and decision making.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Competitive pay
- Paid time off
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401k with employer match