RN Training Instructor – Syracuse, NY
Position Description:The Registered Nurse (RN) Training Coordinator is the primary instructor for the New York State Department of Personal Care Aide Training Program for Self-Direct Inc.
Performance Responsibilities and Standards:
- Responsible for coordinating and teaching the PCA training course as per New York State regulations, and ensures that the program is compliant with Federal and State regulations
- Responsible for development and administration of continuing education for the Personal Care Aides that are employed by Self-Direct Inc.
- Assist with ensuring clinical competency of Personal Care Aides throughout their employment with Self-Direct Inc.
- This may require the RN to supervise Personal Care Aides in the training environment or in the field at client’s homes
- Instruct new staff in agency policy and procedure
- Maintain and update clinical knowledge on an ongoing basis
- Additional job duties may be assigned as needed
- Current NYS Registered Professional Nurse license
- 2 years of relevant Registered Nurse experience, of which 1 year is in the provision of Home Care Services
- Current and valid Driver’s License, auto insurance and vehicle that can be used for work
- Ability to complete patient transfers, extensive bending, standing, kneeling, walking in various weather conditions, e.g. snow, rain, sleet and going up and down stairs.
- Ability to drive on a daily basis in all weather conditions throughout the working year
- Registered Nurse for 2 years
Job Type: Full-time