Registered Nurse Supervisor
Position Description: Self-Direct Inc., licensed home care agency, is currently seeking a RN Supervisor. This position is responsible for supervision of clinical operations and maintaining compliance with all federal, state and LHCSA regulations governing Home Health Care. They are also responsible for training and supervision of personal care aide clinical activities, development and implementation of patient care plans. Self-Direct, Inc. is committed to providing quality care and quality of life for the patients and families we serve.
Performance Responsibilities and Standards:
- Audit charts for clinical oversight, compliance and adherence to the Medicaid, TBI and NHTD Waiver, and LHCSA regulations.
- Manage clinical activities, including patient assessments, care plan development, service level determination, on-site field visits, and the implementation/coordination/maintenance evaluation of care plans.
- Be responsible for direct supervision of clinical staff. Participate with interviewing, selection, and orientation of team members; evaluate their performance relative to job goals/requirements; coach staff and recommend in-service education programs and ensure adherence to internal policies/standards.
- Ensure service quality and participate in care coordination to ensure proper communication between caregivers, patients, referral sources, and payers. Discuss operational issues, update staff on new/changed regulations, and review records/documentation to ensure regulatory and in-house compliance.
- Oversee the assessment and reassessment of patients, including updating of care plans and interpreting patient needs, while adhering to company, physician, and/or health facility procedures/policies.
- Coordinate communications between team members/attending physicians/caregivers to ensure the appropriateness of care and outcome planning and ensures compliance through review of documentation and care coordination activities.
- Participate in performance improvement activities, maintain ongoing clinical knowledge through internal/external training programs, provide interpretation of knowledge and direction to staff.
- B.A degree in Nursing with two (2) years of home care experience
- The ability to exercise good judgment and remain calm in a crisis situation.
- The ability to interact with a wide range of people.
- Ability to establish a comfortable and supportive relationship with a person receiving supports.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Competitive Pay
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- 401K Options with 4% Employer Match
- Paid Time Of
Job Type: Full-time